Empires 2.14 released
Empires 2.14, released in September, brings a lot of changes and fixes to the table. The list below is compiled from the wiki page, which lists the changes and fixes for each patch version (up to the current 2.14.7). We hope you’ve been enjoying these changes already; feel free to let us know on the forums or steampage!
- Tank projectiles should now be predicted, so hopefully tanks stop hitting themselves.
- GUI tweaks
- More translatable texts
- Added tank weapon filter entity ([[emp_filter_activator_weaponname]])
- Added client side predicted shells for mortar and tanks.
- Added cvar to control vehicle carcass fade-out time.
- Revert to Base SDK style bullet force calculation. Previously it was a constant bullet force regardless of stance; now, crouch and prone stance will reduce these effects.
- Added team warnings when command vehicle takes environmental damage. (Drowning/flipped)
- Changes to how stamina discharges:
- Sprinting when ducked or prone will now drain less stamina. You’re not gaining the full sprint effect that you would if you were running normally, so it now matches your the speed gain.
- Sprinting will now only drain stamina if you’re pressing a forward/backwards key, are on the ground and are moving fast enough to actually activate sprint.
- Added some decals requested by mappers. (Team emblems and arrows to help better inform players)
- Added new models that are used in emp_crossroads.
- Fixed a crash involving turrets with no cannon.
- Fixed an issue with the commander warning HUD not hiding.
- Fixed a client-side crash relating to detail objects hiding under buildings.
- Fixed a crash related to commander building placement.
- Fixed an issue with machine gun weapons using the minimum damage as the maximum damage.
- mp_chattime is no longer multiplied by two.
- Fixed an issue with the 64th player being able to keep walking after round end.
- Fixed a lot of purple textures on Linux
- Fixed a remote code execution exploit related to server executed commands.
- Fixed tanks hitting themselves when shooting a shell at high speed.
- Fixed the create server dialog and Dedicated server GUI (SRCDS) configure tab.
- Fixed the ERRORNAME bug when rejoining a server.
- Fixed the server not restoring the player’s progress towards the next point awarded from recycling.
- Fixed binds not setting themselves correctly.
- Limited shell ‘invisible’ flight time to 150ms
- Fixed tank cannon sounds firing at the wrong time with predicted shells
- Fixed tank shake when firing cannons with prediction
- Fixed a bug with engineer recycle menu
- Fixed a bug causing chat to overlap with health bar
- Fixed a bug causing pre-placed engineer cameras to default to the armoury model
- Patched security vulnerability with source sdk detected by oneupsecurity
- Fixed a crash and a bug related to engineer camera recycle.
- Fixed a server freeze which would occur when turrets/cameras were removed at round end.
- Fixed a bug with MOTD buttons occasionally not working
- Updated default mapcycle.txt to reflect updated map names.
- Fixed a bug where the class selection text would still display even after choosing a class.
- Fixed a server crash related to rotating the commander view.
- Fixed a bug causing sprint to have no effect when using the speed upgrade skill.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent you from changing class or building vehicles if you were standing inside another player.
- Fixed a visual bug with the name displayed on certain achievements.
- Fixed some occurrences of key binds not executing.
- Fixed some incorrect movement speed values as of last patch.
- Fixed incorrect map names in the default map cycle files.
- Fixed the ladders on the map emp_coast.
- Changed the particle effect for Standard ML because it resembled blood splatter on lower settings.
- Changes have been made on the map emp_crossroads to address issues with vehicles getting stuck in the ramps.
- Fix to address key binds not executing properly.
- Damage 12->17
- Clip Size 50->60 (revert)
- MinimalDamage 10->13
- Falloff 1000->2000
.50 cal med
- Damage 15->20
- MinimalDamage 13->16
- Total Clips 3->4
- Reload Time 7.2->6.8
.50 cal heavy
- Damage 18->23
- Clip Size 100->120 (revert)
- MinimalDamage 15->19
- Damage 11->14
- Cycle Time 0.043->0.04 (revert)
- Clip Size 120->125 (revert)
- MinimalDamage 8->11
- Falloff 1000->1500
- Falloffbase 0.7->0.75
Medium Chain Gun
- Damage 13->17
- Cycle Time 0.037->0.035 (revert)
- Clip Size 160->175 (revert)
- MinimalDamage 10->12
- Falloff 1000->1500
- Falloffbase 0.7->0.75
BE&NF Scoped Rifle
Bio Diesel Engine
Discuss this on the forums.